Dandruff is one of the biggest enemies of beautiful looking hair. Small white flakes that resemble snowflakes are easily visible and create unpleasant and unaesthetic appearance, so they cause embarrassment among people. Moreover, dandruff is the culprit for the occurrence of irritable itching and irritation on the scalp skin.
It is estimated that about 60% of people are faced with the dandruff problem at some point in life. Dandruff can occur at any age after puberty, but often appears during puberty. It is thought that men often suffer from dandruff than women.
The causes of dandruff are different. Peeling of the scalp skin can be caused by aggressive products for hair, bacteria, fungi, unbalanced diet, hormonal factors, and it’s not excluded dandruff to occur due to stress.
Fortunately, dandruff is not an insoluble problem. You just need to be persistent and find the best solution.
13 TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU COMBAT DANDRUFF
- Minimize the use of products for styling hair. Gels, foams and sprays for styling hair may further irritate the scalp and aggravate dandruff. Some of them may cause dandruff. If you suspect that any product may cause dandruff, fully stop his use to see whether the situation will improve.
- Wash your hair at least 3 times a week. If you have an oily scalp, you need to wash your hair almost every day. But if you have dry skin on the scalp, then wash your hair 3 times a week.
- Use anti-dandruff shampoo. First step in the removal of the unpleasant white shells of hair is using a shampoo with that purpose. Shampoos effect depends from the people, everyone is different, one shampoo helps more and others less. Therefore, it needs to experiment a bit to find a suitable product for you. Especially recommended shampoos and soaps based on pitch.
- Rotate anti-dandruff shampoos. Many people start to use their shampoo that removes dandruff and after some time noticed that the shampoo is not so effective and the dandruff is back. The reason for this is that you can develop resistance to the active ingredients in shampoo and therefore reduce its effect. The solution is to change 2-3 shampoos of different brands. Change your shampoo every month.
- Occasionally use a gentle shampoo. If you fear that dandruff shampoos are very strong, you can occasionally use a gentle baby shampoo.
- Always put schampoo twice. First wash will help you get rid of dead scalp skin. While the second time you apply shampoo, leave it to act for 5 minutes, then wash it with water.
- Massage your scalp. While you put shampoo on your hair, massage the scalp with fingertips. The massage will increase circulation.
- Use lukewarm water and rinse thoroughly. For washing hair use warm, not cold or hot water. Many people claim that mild water helps to reduce symptoms. Always rinse your hair thoroughly to fully remove shampoo or conditioner.
- Wash your hair after training. Do not let sweat to stay long on your head. After exercising, just go to the bathroom.
- Resist the desire to scratch. Never scratch, especially with nails. Aggressive scratching provokes the scalp and creates skin wounds.
- Moderate the expose to sunlight. Sunlight reduces inflammation of the scalp skin. Perhaps because in the summer people have fewer problems with dandruff. But sun exposure should be moderate.
- Reduce stress. Stress can be the culprit for dandruff or deterioration. Learn to control the stress in your life to get rid of dandruff, but also to save your complete health.
- Clean the comb or brush before each use. Comb your hair regularly and always with a clean brush or comb.